KEEP THE EDGES HOT
INITIATOR PROGRAM for M.R.O.P.
Continuing the Journey
The Initiator Program will run parallel to the actual MROP at Pilgrim Park. This program has it’s own separate Weaver, who will lead the men in some teachings and sharings, esp. on Way of Council. It gives initiated men the opportunity to hold the container for the entire MROP process. Following the tradition of the elders taking the young men to be initiated and holding the container, we are asking you to join us for the five days as we “keep the edges hot” in our role of supporting the MROP process. This will deepen your experience of what happened at your own MROP as we are present in each gathering in the Sacred Space for the MROP rituals and teachings. You will also be led through a series of reflections, silence, and time in nature as we form the Sacred Circle of Prayer and Presence. Most of all, we will stand, shoulder to shoulder, giving our prayerful strength and support to the MROP team and the men being initiated. Come join us for a meaningful week of men transforming men through soul work! Those who join the Initiator Program are asked to be bring their own bedding, towels etc. as we are using the cabins at Pilgrim Park.
This program is for you if:
- You have been through the MROP and are an initiated man;
- You are keen to deepen your spiritual journey by revisiting the messages of your initiation;
- You want to be an active “initiator” – a man who invites other men to become initiated;
- You understand that you are not being initiated again;
- You understand that you are not a member of the MROP leadership team;
- You can be present and be part of the container for the entire MROP event.
Frequently Asked Question:
Q: If my son or a close friend wants to attend the MROP, should I be there?
The pilot Initiator program is limited to 20 participants and places will be offered on a first come, first served basis. After that, priority will be given to men who commit to sponsoring/inviting other men to this MROP. The cost to participate in the five-day program is $300. There is a $100 deposit to reserve your place.
- A man is considered a sponsor if an MROP applicant clearly indicates that you encouraged him to make the Men’s Rite of Passage on his application form. So encourage men you think are ready.
- Sponsor a man (one you don’t know) by contributing at least half their registration fee ($250, or more if you can) ) for a man to participate in the MROP – this money will be used for scholarships for MROP applicants of limited means.